A good capillary analysis: Canfield’s HairMetrix
The capillary analysis using the software HairMetrix by Canfield is one of the main tools of a great capillary treatment, whether it is a hair transplantation, PRF or any other.
Only with a correct diagnosis we will be able to understand the main reason behind alopecia, its state and how to revert it. Through all my experience in Instituto Médico del Prado I’ve met many patients with miniaturized hair whom a bad diagnosis could have taken to a hair transplantation.
But with capillary analysis like Canfield’s Hairmetrix being wrong is not that easy. This software explains visually the main trichological parameters.
Canfield’s HairMetrix capillary analysis: How do we do it?
Canfield’s HairMetrix is a capillary examination software working with a special dermatoscope: VisioMed. While most of the capillary dermatoscopes require shaving a little circle of hair, this is not necessary with VisioMed.
The specialist doctor in capillary medicine slides the dermatoscope upon the areas to be analyzed and takes some pictures. The software uses its artificial intelligence to identify each graft and produce a report.
HairMetrix puts the reports together in a single file as accurate as straightforward.
HairMetrix: What does this capillary analysis report?
The parameters of HairMetrix are:
- Average number of hairs per graft: the follicular units have from one to four (or even more) hairs. If we have more grafts with lots of hairs, our hair will look more dense, and vice versa.
- Average width of the hair: it is sized on micrometers, and this states the width of the hair of the patient.
- Average distance between grafts: the distance between hairs is a fundamental parameter to know if we have a dense hair or not.
- Terminal:Vellus ratio: the terminal hairs are dying and the vellus ones are growing. The more hairs on the vellus phase, the better for our hair.
- Follicle count per cm2: how many grafts we have on the analysed area.
The relevance of a good capillary analysis
A competent trichological doctor must know to perform a capillary analysis only with a regular dermatoscope. However, HairMetrix by Canfield is a great additional tool.
It is specially useful to compare the beginning and the ending of the patient’s evolution. With it, we can determine exactly how much our hair has improved in terms of number, width and growing.
In Instituto Médico del Prado, Espinosa Custodio MD uses HairMetrix in all of his diagnoses. Furthermore, he also uses it through the capillary medicine treatments and, specially, at the end of the process.
Dr. Espinosa Custodio works at Instituto Médico del Prado, his hair clinic in Madrid, and performs hair transplants in Mexico, twice a year. If you would like to make an appointment, you can contact us on +34 912 468 664, on WhatsApp +34 627 396 322 or on the contact page of our website. From Mexico you can contact us at +52 55 4590 9909.
SUSCRÍBASE AL BLOG
Reciba noticias, promociones e información relevante sobre los servicios y tratamientos del Instituto Médico Del Prado.